Training meeting Monday March 22, 2021
- Bob called the meeting to order at 1800
- Bob dismissed the firemen to the Waste Water Treatment Plant for SCBA training.
- At to the Waste Water Treatment Plant firemen were shown a series of activities that might simulate what firemen might encounter in a live fire. The purpose of the training is to evaluate length of time firemen can safely use new air packs, and to become familiar with the new equipment.
- Firemen were instructed to get on complete bunker gear including SCBA and team up with a partner. Teams of two were to walk through course which included ladders, small entry access, moving tools and hoses from one area to another and fan placement. Firemen were observed for safety and assisted by ground crew support team. Most firemen were able to complete the course twice with the new air packs, before running out of air.
- Back at the station firemen refilled empty tanks. Meeting continued with firemen discussing problems encountered with improper fitting of face mask. Brian using another firemen, showed best way to seal face mask he mentioned to be aware of how hose goes from tank to mask. Other firemen made suggestions and many thought that after a breaking in period and more practice mask will fit better. Continued practice and training will follow.
- Jared mentioned that the raffle tickets have been purchased and raffle is off to a good start
- Brian discussed some improvements to Pleasant Valley Apt. that will allow firemen safer and quicker access to apartments. Our ultimate goal is for safety and creating a good relationship with the owner, the residents, and the community. Overall we decided in that in any fire situation at the apartment and any similar situations that we need to work on and create an environment that works the best for us.
- Kerry introduced new folders that are in #1 and #4 that contain contact info, maps, and SOP procedure. Other engines contain contact info and SOP procedure.
- Kerry started a discussion about a text he received from a local counselor requesting a visit from a fireman. Counselors are trying to get an 11 year old boy to go to school on a regular basis and wanted to use the visit as a carrot to encourage this boy to attend school more regular. Andrew volunteered to visit with the boy and counselors the next day.
- Meeting adjourned at 2025
Bob Mager 541, Brian Perry 542, Jared Andrews 543.