Grangeville Centennial Library Board Meeting
July 19, 2018
The meeting was called to order by Brett Rogers at 5:08 PM. Those present: Brennan Wright, Meleah McCulley, and Gina Sobrero. Absentees: Susan Anderson, Angela Norman, and Amy Farris. Due to Susan’s absence, Meleah volunteered to be secretary.
No amendments to the agenda were requested.
Minutes from the last board meeting. ACTION ITEM
Gina had sent the board minutes from the last meeting, tonight’s agenda, and her library report to all board members via email. (This worked well—thanks, Gina!) Housekeeping item: Board members will be responsible to either print these three items or bring digital copies to each board meeting.
Meleah made a motion to accept the minutes from the meeting on June 27, 2018. Brennan seconded the motion. Motion passed.
The director position is now filled. Welcome aboard, Gina!
Heidi Brown will be stepping in as Assistant Director within the next few weeks.
Gina had presented the 2018-2019 budget proposal at the last city council meeting. It will be voted upon for approval at a fall city council meeting.
We discussed the current budget spreadsheets for July 2018. Meleah asked about the library stat sheets (with Total Patrons, Volunteer hrs., internet usage, etc.). These stat sheets are kept daily at the library; Gina will print these for the next board meeting.
See Gina’s report for more details. Highlights discussed:
- Summer Reading is going very well and keeping the library staff busy.
- 250 children have signed up to participate this summer, ages ranging from 0 – 18 years.
- PBS Kids program was this afternoon. The emphasis was on sound waves and gravity. Children made harmonicas and a model of a sound wave with gummy bears and sticks.
- A scavenger hunt and BBQ will wrap up summer reading on July 26th. Expecting 150 children, plus families
- Art in the Park was successful. Thanks to Heidi for her organizational skills, and to all the volunteers.
- 2-day event raised $2335.00 for the library
- 34 vendors and 2 food vendors
- Suggestions for next year will be kept in the Art in the Park binder. Main thoughts: having food vendors for both days, and possible use of porta-potties with soap dispensers. The pool bathrooms were not adequate.
There was no old business.
New business: The Assistant Library Director position has now been filled.
Meeting was adjourned at 5:37.
Regular Board Meeting: Thursday, Sept. 20th, at 5:00 pm.
Library Board Terms:
Brett Rogers (President): 1/14 – 1/19
Meleah McCulley: 1/14 – 5/18 (Replaced Edie Lustig’s term, 5/13 – 5/18)
Susan Anderson (Secretary): 8/15 – 1/19 (Replaced Diana Higgin’s term, 1/14 – 1/19)
Brennan Wright: 5/17 – 1/20 (Replaced David Rauzi’s term, 1/15 – 1/20)
Angela Norman: 7/18 – 1/21 (Replaced Serena Jackson’s term, 4/15 – 1/21)
Amy Farris: City Council Representative
If a member replaced someone else’s term, they can still do two terms of 5 years after they have completed term they were finishing for someone else.