The City Council met in regular session on November 5, 2018 at 6:00 P.M. in the Council Chambers City Hall.
Mayor Lester opened the meeting
City employees present were Chief Drew, Public Works Maintenance Supervisor Mager, Attorney Green and Clerk Kennedy. Public Works Director McFrederick absent.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
MINUTES: The meeting was called to order and the minutes of October 15th were approved as presented by Councilor Peterson, second by Councilor Canaday. Motion carried by a unanimous vote of the Council present.
SIDEWALK EXTENSION: Caleb Forsmann was not present. Public Works Maintenance Supervisor Mager stated he was representing him. Mager recommended allowing him additional time to complete the sidewalk as the 90 day extension he was asking for won’t work with winter weather coming. On motion by Councilor Winkler, second by Councilor Peterson to give Caleb Forsmann an extension until July 31, 2019 to complete his sidewalk. Motion carried by a unanimous vote of the Council present.
COMMITTEE REPORTS: Public Works Report – Maintenance Supervisor Mager stated the department has worked on the following projects:
- 80’ culvert installed
- Fire hydrant completed on college & 2nd
- Mtida on C Street will remove all trees and bushes to make the vision triangle be corrected
- Patching was done at Lindlsey Apartments, GEMS and Fogleman’s on A Street
- Half pipe out of skateboard park is at WWTP ready for rebuild
- Sanitary sewer is back for wells. Everything good. City will need a cross control plan per DEQ. A draft will be submitted to the Council for review.
- Met with JUB on the water model, talked about deficiencies in fire flow. They will present at a future meeting.
- Started working on a fee schedule for Public Works, including fire department fees.
- Working with City Clerk’s office to create Facebook tidbits
- Getting snow equipment ready.
- Concrete gutter down by Pat Webb’s was completed
- Street sweeping, sewer maintenance
- Purchased 2015 PW pickup last week 13,000 miles, tow package
On motion by Councilor Peterson, second by Councilor Grant to accept the Personnel Committee Minutes of October 15, 2018. Motion carried by a unanimous vote of the Council present.
On motion by Councilor Peterson, second by Councilor Winkler to accept the Fire Training Minutes of October 8th and October 22, 2018. Motion carried by a unanimous vote of the Council present. Chief Mager stated he’s working on training and recently went through the Mayday procedure. Painting of the fire station has started, and the turnouts are ordered.
SIDEWALK WAIVER: Public Works Maintenance Supervisor Mager stated the area is all industrial with gravel parking lots, huge ditches and sidewalks would not benefit the City. The waiver request is for Hill Street and D Street. On motion by Councilor Winkler, second by Councilor Canaday to grant an indefinite sidewalk waiver for Brent Frei at 1101 Hill Street. Motion carried by a unanimous vote of the Council present.
KIDS KLUB PAYREQUEST: On motion by Councilor Winkler, second by Councilor Lane to approve Kids Klub Pay Request #7 for $18,750. Motion carried by a unanimous vote of the Council present.
Executive Session: On motion by Councilor Peterson, second by Councilor Canaday to go into Executive Session according to Section 74-206 (c) To acquire an interest in real property and 74-206 (d) To consider records exempt from disclosure ROLL CALL VOTE: YES: Canaday, Farris, Winkler, Lane, Grant, Peterson. NO: none. The motion passed.
The Council returned to regular session. No action was taken.
The meeting adjourned at 6:35 P.M.
Wes Lester – Mayor
Tonya Kennedy – Clerk