Training meeting Monday June 24, 2019
- Bob called the meeting to order at 19:04
- Bob opened the meeting with asking the firemen about their thoughts and concerns about the rural house fire today:
- Firemen ask if foam was the first choice, the Chief’s answer was that when it was obvious that water was at a premium and because of the construction being a log building and prior experience foam was the best choice to extinguish the growing fire. Retention foam is so much better for getting into areas that water cannot and the ability of foam to saturate and cling to a surface makes it a great choice for this kind of fire. Of course in a city fire were we have unlimited water. We will always use water first and then evaluate. Each fire is unique and we will evaluate each one and use whatever resources we have to put the fire out.
- Some discussion on origin of fire.
- Bob commented that the firemen initial set up was very good.
- Brian and Bob said that we, firemen, are getting better at sizing up, preparing, and fighting an incident. Practice is paying off; now we will practice harder.
- Andrew reported that we are on track to match or exceed last years donations for sponsors for the Fireworks Fund.
- Brian reported that the float is ready and the banners will be here Wednesday.
- John U and Mike reported that they will use the new Cobra firing system this year and the racks are being assembled at John’s house.
- Bob told firemen to check all small engines, to make sure all equipment used today was back in its proper place and then go home. He said you all are tired from the fire today.
- Firemen will move trailer and set up Fish Pond on July 1st at 1800.
- Meeting adjourned at 20:20
Minutes taken by Kerry McCulley
Approved by Fire Chief Bob Mager _________________________________
Bob Mager 541, John Sangster 542, Tommy Jacobs 543, Brian Perry 545.