Training meeting Monday August 12, 2019
- Bob called the meeting to order at 19:05
- Minutes read at 19:05
- Bob Mentioned that the GFD Family Picnic will be at Pioneer Park, Saturday, August 24th staring at 12:30. He reminded everyone to invite retired GFD Firemen to attend.
- Bob mentioned that current rookies Lane, Cody, and Maclane are up for vote September 9th.
- He also talked about the upcoming bi annual elections in November and encouraged everyone to take a look at their life situation and make a decision about what their role will be in the department. The Chief cannot be voted on by the members only the assistant chiefs.
- Firemen drove all Trucks/Engines to the Public Works Building. Bob ask Tommy to run rookies first through engine #3 from start to pump and back to leaving scene and then everyone else. Bob and Brian took rookies and everyone else on a driving course with the Trucks/Engines, John S took rookies and everyone else for practice driving in the Tender. Firemen with Trucks/Engines returned to the station at 2045
- Back at the station Bob reminded everyone that if you drive a truck or an engine you are the engineer on that vehicle. You may be relived only by a Chief.
- Meeting adjourned at 20:55.
Minutes taken by Kerry McCulley
Approved by Fire Chief Bob Mager _________________________________
Bob Mager 541, John Sangster 542, Tommy Jacobs 543, Brian Perry 545.