Training meeting Monday August 26, 2019
- Bob called the meeting to order at 19:00
- Minutes read.
- Bob gave a quick update on the city well situation. He reminded everyone to bring the tender to all city fires until wells are back in operation.
- Bob reminded everyone that on a rural fire, and especially on a car fire, not everyone should try to attend. He said that we must leave enough people in town in case of a fire. Listen to the radio and do the math. Only 8-10 firemen should go to a rural fire.
- Bob told everyone that as of August 20th Jacob Warden is no longer a member of the fire department.
- Jared suggested that we have a Dunk Booth for Octoberfest September 26-28. Jared made a motion and after discussion Rick seconded the motion. Andrew ask for a vote and it passed unanimously. Jared will contact community members to be dunked and firemen to run the booth.
- Bob drew on the white board a small building fire scenario at the city works building. He said flames are showing from south side of building with a normal calm south west wind. Because of the limited water supply everything will be dry. Hook up to hydrant, but do not pump. Firemen will attack fire as if it is a real fire
- Firemen will be timed from time of “page” to the time the chiefs call end of exercise. Bob will break teams into 5 firemen per team. After each exercise teams will be critiqued on standard protocol, best practices, efficiency and safety. Firemen were dismissed to Public Works Building.
- After the exercise Bob said he was mostly pleased with tonight’s training. Speaking to the two teams of firemen he said he understands that because of you not being able to have water that changed the way you attacked the “fire”. However, there were some fundamental things that you should have been handled better. (i.e, engine location, hydrant to hose to engine hookup, fire assessment) He said that this gives the Chiefs more ideas on what we as a department need to work on. We will build on this and get better.
- Meeting adjourned at 21:05.
Minutes taken by Kerry McCulley
Approved by Fire Chief Bob Mager _________________________________
Bob Mager 541, John Sangster 542, Tommy Jacobs 543, Brian Perry 545.