Grangeville Centennial Library Board Meeting
Mayor’s Conference Room-215 W North St.
July 16, 2020 – 5:00 p.m.
Meeting was called to order by Meleah McCulley at 5:02 PM. Those present: Meleah McCulley, Brennan Wright, Betty Nafziger, Carmen Sangster, Gina Sobrero, Heidi Brown, and Dylan Canady. Susan Anderson absent. (Betty filled in as meeting secretary; Meleah will type minutes.)
Minutes: Brennan moved to approve Library Board minutes from the meeting held June 15th and the special budget meeting held May 21, 2020. Carmen seconded the motion. Motion passed.
Budget Report: The City is still working on the details for the current budget.
• Grant money was spent for two new computers. Gina and Heidi are now mobile for presentations. They chose a tablet/laptop: Surface Pro6.
• The library is currently open for limited inside use while Idaho is still under Phase IV of the COVID19 quarantine. The courier service for ValNet is still not available.
• Art in the Park: Heidi reported that the event ran smoothly; income was comparable to 2019. Thanks for everyone’s help. New vendors attended and showed interest in returning for future years. Book Sale donations were up from last year: $781.00. Vendor rental spaces: $1290.00. Largest expenditure: Kings Thrones: $169.60.
• Summer Reading: The packet system worked well for summer readers. Numbers averaged over 100 readers for each of the six weeks (134 kids for end party). 10-15 kids participated from Elk City for summer reading book project as specified in STEM grant.
1. Update Trustee Manual/ Library Collection Policies. Meleah and Carmen have organized the piles of old trustee binders. Carmen showed everyone our “working-copy” of the trustee manual that will be continually updated. This hard copy will stay in the library office. Eventually, as pieces are updated, they will be digitized. Meleah printed a copy of the new Table of Contents for everyone so that we would know what is available, what is still missing, and what needs updating.
• ACTION: Meleah moved that Carmen become the chairperson of the Trustee Manual subcommittee. Brennan seconded the motion. Motion passed. Betty volunteered to join Carmen on this subcommittee. Carmen will work with Heidi and Gina to compile the policies and procedures that need to be added or updated.
2. Map of Boundaries for Districting. No discussion on area map.
1. 2021 Board meeting dates. We viewed meeting dates for 2021. We will continue meeting the 2nd Thursday every-other-month, starting at 5:00 pm. Brennan moved to approve the dates. Carmen seconded the motion. Motion passed. Gina sent out the dates via email.
2. Strategic Planning. Meleah reviewed our Strategic Planning Document template that we had approved at the July 2019 board meeting. Hard copies of the template were distributed and discussed, along with the existing GCL Planning Document [from 2000] and a copy of ideas for goals from the ALA. (Everything is also available in the GCL shared Dropbox folder.)
HOMEWORK for next board meeting:
• Read through the strategic planning documents.
• Circle items that you feel are important for GCL’s future vision statement, mission statement, and/or goals.
• Bring your copies and ideas to the next board meeting.
Meeting was adjourned at 5:43 PM.
Next meeting is September 17 at 5 PM.