Training meeting Monday, April 09, 2018
Meeting called to order at 19:00
- All firemen and trucks/engines were dismissed to the Forest Service Supervisor’s facility for a walk through and preplan. Mark Decaria led firemen through storage/garage facility then through administrative section of the facility. Firemen were made aware of exits, construction techniques and fuel load of both facilities. Hydrant location and best practices for staging were discussed. Preconnects and sprinkler system in storage/garage facility were also discussed. The department asked Mark to discuss with his supervisors what the evacuation plan is for the facility and get back to the department.
- Firemen returned to the station and the business meeting started at 20:47.
- John U let everyone know that the back door code will change. He also said that the city of Whitebird Fire Dept. is getting a new fire engine and that there is a fund drive currently under way to construct a new storage facility for the engine. He reminded the firemen of the amount of money they were given by the Whitebird Fireman Ball fundraiser last February. John ask if the department would consider donating that money to help with the construction of the new storage facility. After discussion, firemen were reminded that they had decided to return the donation to Whitebird Fire Dept. Firemen voted to donate money to Whitebird Fire Dept. to help with construction of new facility.
- Andrew said that the Fireman Assoc. will be getting a PO Box so there is one place to mail firework donations.
- Bob stated that he is swamped at work, like many of you are, and reminded everyone to respond to fire calls. The department depends on everyone working together.
- Bob suggested to everyone that if there is facility in town that they would like to have a walk through to go ahead and organize it and let him know so we can schedule it for a training meeting.
- Bob ask if everything was starting to fall in place for Border Days, parade, fireworks, float, fish pond, etc. All firemen that are involved said they yes everything is starting to get organized for Border Days.
- Bob told firemen to check turnouts and then go home.
- Meeting was adjourned at 21:10
Minutes taken by Kerry McCulley Secretary
Approved by Fire Chief Bob Mager _________________________________
Bob Mager 541, John Sangster 542, Tommy Jacobs 543, Brian Perry 545.
|Bob Mager||Dan Modrell||Zach Stewart|
|Mike Tackett||Brian Perry||Brandon Swanstrom|
|John Sangster||John Urbhan|
|Tom Jacob||Kerry McCulley|
|Rick Cochran||Jared Andrews|
|Beth Boehmke||Todd McGeorge|
|John Cline||Matt Parr|
|Andrew Lane||Mark Decaria|