Training meeting Monday, August 24, 2020
- Meeting called to order at 1800
- Brian opened that meeting by asking everyone to make sure that if they are out of service to log out of the application Active 911.
- Brain ask for a show of hands of how many firemen will be available during Labor Day weekend.
- Brian explained tonight’s training. He ask everyone to take everything, but the tender to the Waste Water Treatment Plant and put on full bunker gear. He explained that Mike would be at the plant to tell firemen where to stage.
- At the Waste Water Treatment Plant firemen were told they would have some friendly competition to simulate being on a fire. Firemen were divided into teams of four and each team member would be required to; hook to a hydrant, start the engine and put engine in pump gear, hook hose to engine, connect hose and attach nozzle, pump water and push a barrel suspended on a cable across a finish line before the other team was able to accomplish the same requirements. During the exercise firemen were ask to rotate to different duties to reinforce their skill level at each position.
- Minutes taken by Kerry McCulley
- Meeting adjourned at 2020