Training meeting Monday, May 21, 2018
Meeting called to order at 19:00
- Firemen were dismissed to the City Works building to practice pumping. Firemen moved from different apparatus to remind them of pumping from different trucks/engines. Several firemen manned hoses to practice. Firemen installed a 1½ siamese to split the line for practice.
- Returned to the station and minutes read at 2014.
- Bob informed the firemen that there will be a fire safety presentation at IFG on Tuesday the 29th. John S and Kerry will attend, please join them if you are free. Kerry will send out a text as a reminder.
- Bob wanted to let everyone know that Nick Cannon, a long time firemen and a hell of a pump guy, that his wife passed away. John C will send flowers and Kerry will send a card on behalf of the department.
- Bob ask for hands to see how many were going to be around for Memorial Day.
- Border Days reports:
- Andrew said the mailing is right on schedule. Using the Free Press for the postcards this year.
- John U said the fireworks have been ordered. He is looking for some firemen to travel with him to Montana to pick them up on June 1.
- Brian and Rick are working on getting the float set up.
- Firemen will set up Fish Pond, decorate float, and go to Spencer’s field with weed whackers on July 1.
- John C mentioned that he and Jared had 42 kids from SPPS down to the station for a fire prevention presentation
- Bob did a fire inspection at Kids Klub recently of their new building and stated that the new facility is state of the art.
- Bob and Brian will make a GFD Scholarship presentation to Brian’s son, Wyatt, at Class Night Friday the 26th.
- Meeting adjourned at 20:50
Minutes taken by Kerry McCulley
Approved by Fire Chief Bob Mager _________________________________
Bob Mager 541, John Sangster 542, Tommy Jacobs 543, Brian Perry 545.
|Bob Mager||Dean Peebler||Brandon Swanstrom|
|Mike Tackett||Brian Perry||Tom Jacob|
|John Sangster||John Urbhan||Dan Modrell|
|Todd McGeorge||Andrew Lane|
|Rick Cochran||Jared Andrews|
|Beth Boehmke||Kerry McCulley|
|John Cline||Matt Parr|
|Matthew Seaver||Mark Decaria|
Due the fact that many of the officers are out of town and scheduling conflicts there will not be an executive meeting this month.