Training meeting Monday January 14, 2019
Meeting called to order at 19:00
- Bob organized firemen for annual “Get Acquainted” photo for the Free Press
- Bob dismissed firemen to North Meadow to try out a new procedure for extinguishing a car fire that the department is hoping to implement. The product is called Afo Fire Extinguisher Balls. The product failed to adequately extinguish the fire to the department’s satisfaction and had to be extinguished with water by a couple of fire personal. Firemen returned to station.
- Minutes read at 19:50
- Bob introduced Mayor Wes Lester who made the announcement that Bob is now the city Public Works Director.
- Bob said he has heard many great comments about the presentation of the t-shirts to the kids and many reports on how well everyone did with the Santa Truck. We will take decorations off when the weather warms up.
- #4 will be out for some body work, the tender will replace it on calls for water.
- Anytime the roads are snow covered, don’t hesitate to call for a snowplow.
- John S mentioned that we got our partial grant from the IDL. Also John mentioned a rural insurance policy that is available. He will bring more information next meeting. There is a NFPA training in Butte, MT February 28th for anyone interested.
- John U reminded firemen that the annual firemen’s ball at Whitebird is coming up on February 9th. Mike volunteered to make something to donate for the auction from GFD .
Minutes taken by Kerry McCulley
Meeting adjourned 20:20
Bob Mager 541, John Sangster 542, Tommy Jacobs 543, Brian Perry 545.
Approved by Fire Chief Bob Mager _________________________________