Training meeting Monday, January 22, 2018
Meeting called to order at 18:55
· John S read a letter from SPPS requesting a donation to help with their Chocolate Fantasy Fund Raiser. After discussion department decided to continue to not make a donation.
· Because of distance and conflicts in personnel scheduling not enough firemen signed up for fire school in Rupert. Brian will keep department posted of upcoming fire schools in our area.
· Bob explained training for the evening was going to be at the waste water treatment plant.
· He stated that training is all about air management. Fireman will be divided into groups of three teams and enter a dark, hot room in a search and locate scenario. Firemen are to wear full turnouts and SCBA
· 19:20 all firemen were dismissed to waste water treatment plant with all engines/trucks, except the tender.
· After training fireman critiqued and evaluated training to improve firefighting technique and safety procedures.
· Officers and safety observers were very pleased with the firemen’s performance during the training and gave them many positive suggestions and comments on the training.
· All firemen were pleased with the training and agreed that more and similar training would help and assist fireman in becoming an even better firefighting department.
· After returning to station and returning turnouts, filling air tanks, and equipment meeting was adjourned at 21:10
· Many firemen stayed at station after dismissal to continue filling air tanks used in training.
Minutes taken by Kerry McCulley Secretary
Approved by Fire Chief Bob Mager _________________________________
Bob Mager 541, John Sangster 542, Tommy Jacobs 543, Brian Perry 545.
|Bob Mager||Dan Modrell||Dean Peebler|
|Mike Tackett||Brian Perry|
|John Sangster||Andrew Lane|
|John Cline||Kerry McCulley|
|Rick Cochran||Jared Andrews|
|Beth Boehmke||Todd McGeorge|
|Matthew Seaver||Matt Parr|
|Mark Decaria||John Urbhan|
|Zach Stewart||Brandon Swanstrom|