Training meeting Monday, June 11, 2018
Meeting called to order at 19:00
· Fireman discussed preparations for Border Days. Final discussion will be at the next meeting.
· Mark Decaria gave a wild land preparation. He handed out new Incident Response Pocket guide. Discussion included safety, LCES, deployment of emergency response shelter, and a reminder that what we do is dangerous. M\Mark stated that more volunteer firemen are injured each year than professional firemen. Mark also added that wildland fires are an act of nature and are very hard to control. Think in all situations, always think safety first.
· After Mark concluded his presentation Bob added that that we, the firemen, are the #1 priority, then equipment then property in all firefighting situations and especially in a wildland incident. He used an example of Blacktail View road if you go in it is a death trap. THINK! You are not going to stop it. We live in an area of tiny roads with no turnaround and no escape routes.
· First responders on any incident are IC until chiefs arrive. If you are the IC you have to determine if the situation is salvageable.
· Bob added that no fire is worth the loss of any firemen, not ever, and especially on his watch.
· Meeting adjourned at 20:45
Minutes taken by Kerry McCulley
Approved by Fire Chief Bob Mager _________________________________
Bob Mager 541, John Sangster 542, Tommy Jacobs 543, Brian Perry 545.
|Bob Mager||Tom Jacob||Brandon Swanstrom|
|Mike Tackett||Brian Perry||Dean Peebler|
|John Urbhan||Dan Modrell|
|Todd McGeorge||Andrew Lane||John Sangster|
|Rick Cochran||Jared Andrews|
|Beth Boehmke||Kerry McCulley|
|John Cline||Matt Parr|
|Matthew Seaver||Mark Decaria|