Training meeting Monday March 25, 2019
Meeting called to order at 19:00
- Minutes read at 19:00
- Bob introduced the new rookies to the department Graydon and Sadie Galloway
- Bob discussed his ideas on the use of our old and hard to replace SCBA. Interior firemen will get the better and more functional units, and mop up firemen will get the next set of units. Be careful with the ones we have. The department is writing a grant to get SCOTTS SCBA, but it could be next fall before they arrive.
- We will not train like we have with the SCBA in order to keep them usable for an incident. i.e.: not turning on air. However, we will continue to practice without air with them. (weight, bulk and size)
- Brian and others discussed Fire School, Brian said he liked the shorthanded tactics class and would highly recommend the class. Brian said he is hoping to teach some of the parts of the class as soon as the weather improves. Brian said he felt good that we were sending firemen down to school with knowledge of fire behavior.
- John S and John U went to a Wildland Interface class in Lewiston last week.
- Firemen discussed upcoming Fish Pond over Border Days.
- Kerry asked for volunteers to read GHS scholarship applications. Mark, Andrew and Mike volunteered to pick one scholarship application for a GHS Senior.
- While several firemen fitted the new rookies for turnouts, Bob ask the rest of the department, especially newer personnel, to drive the trucks/engines for 45 min. While firemen were driving Tom, 543, instructed firemen to go to RedTac on the radios. Tom ask questions and firemen responded to location of fire hydrants and types of stand pipes around the town. Firemen returned to station around 20:25.
- Meeting adjourned 20:35
Minutes taken by Kerry McCulley
Approved by Fire Chief Bob Mager _________________________________