Training meeting Monday March 8, 2021
- Bob called the meeting to order at 1800
- Jared opened the meeting discussing some fund raising ideas to help with the fireworks fund. A couple of ideas he mentioned were starting another raffle and the Eagles Breakfast. After discussion the firemen decided to keep to the fundraising we have done in the past which is to have a raffle with only a few donations this year, the fireworks fund mailer, with firemen going to business in person as a follow up to request donations, and the usual Border Days activities. (fish pond, walking the parade, and the float). The department agreed that we would hold a raffle to fund the fireworks with just a few items. The drawing for the raffle will be Father’s Day, June 20th
- Kerry mentioned that since there are no firemen that have children that are seniors at GHS our Scholarship fund would be opened to any GHS Senior.
- Bob explained that we would be going up to elementary school gym to practice with the new SCBA. All firemen present put on the new air packs and turnout jackets at the school to learn how to use the new lifesaving equipment. Firemen shot hoops walked up and down the bleachers, practiced with the emergency breathing support system (EBSS) and discussed things they learned/noticed about the new SCBA. Follow up discussion and comments about SCBA training will follow at the next meeting.
- Firemen returned to the station and filled tanks on the newly installed cascade system. Bob wanted everyone to know how long it took to fill the tanks, how many tanks could be filled before the compressor kicked in, and to make sure everyone was comfortable filling tanks.
- Meeting adjourned at 1955
Bob Mager 541, Brian Perry 542, Jared Andrews 543.