Training meeting Monday, May 14, 2018
Meeting called to order at 19:00
- Bob assigned different firemen to different engines/trucks to head to Golden Hills. All rural engines/trucks left the station. All firemen except a couple of firemen left the station to go to Golden Hills. The purpose of the visit was to fill a couple of reservoir tanks and for firemen to familiarize themselves with the area.
- Business meeting started at 20:25. Minutes read by Beth Boehmke.
- Firemen discussed thoughts and ideas on Golden Hills area. Which includes Dewey Saddle Rd. Firemen observed many dead end roads, many narrow roads with sharp corners. Over all theme was to slow down and be careful, remember you have to get there first don’t get in a hurry. We demanded a lot from Golden Hills and for the most part they have met those demands. We demanded more from Golden Hills than we did from other “sub divisions” in the area. Golden Hills is much more defensible than other rural areas with many homes.
- We live in a good area for having additional resources to help fight rural fire. (Forest Service, BLM, IDL, etc.)
- If there is a fire at Golden Hills only 10 firemen should respond. Others will stage at the station in case we get another call,
- Bob reported that Zack Stewart was resigned from the department; work, family and other influences have made it hard for him to attend meetings and respond to fires. Bob said he was a stand-up guy and his fire knowledge and fire fighting skills will be missed. We are in need of a couple more firemen if anyone knows of anyone interested.
- Bob said the MCI training on Saturday was good and every fireman learned a lot.
- Bob stated that next Monday, May 21, we will have our next meeting of the month. That way there will not be a conflict with Memorial Day which would be our normal training meeting night.
- Next meeting firemen that are committee chairs of Border Days should give the department a status report.
- Next meeting we will be pumping and using suction at City Works.
- Bob mentioned that there is a basket of treats on the back table from the Church of the Rock as a thank to the department for all we do for the city.
- Meeting adjourned at 20:55
Minutes taken by Kerry McCulley
Approved by Fire Chief Bob Mager _________________________________
Bob Mager 541, John Sangster 542, Tommy Jacobs 543, Brian Perry 545.
|Bob Mager||Dean Peebler||Zach Stewart|
|Mike Tackett||Brian Perry||John Cline|
|John Sangster||John Urbhan||Andrew Lane|
|Tom Jacob||Brandon Swanstrom||Todd McGeorge|
|Rick Cochran||Jared Andrews|
|Beth Boehmke||Kerry McCulley|
|Dan Modrell||Matt Parr|
|Matthew Seaver||Mark Decaria|