Grangeville Centennial Library Board Meeting
City Council Chambers-225 W North St.
November 19, 2020- 5:00 p.m.
Meeting was called to order by Meleah at 5:00PM. Those present: Meleah McCulley, Betty Nafziger, Carmen Sangster, Brennan Wright, Susan Anderson (by phone), Dylan Canaday, Gina Sobrero, and Heidi Brown. None were absent.
Minutes: Carmen moved to approve September 17, 2020Board minutes, seconded by Betty. Motion passed.
Budget Report: Heidi reported the budget is not finalized from prior fiscal year.
• Story time has been cancelled until further notice. Monsters, pumpkins, Halloween party, and kindness were themes for October and November.
• Sts. Peter and Paul 7th and 8th grade class comes to the library every three weeks to check out books. Cornerstone Academy students come every Monday.
• Family Read Week—had to-go meals, goody bags, and prizes. They served hotdogs, chips, cookies, and water. They had 91 children/parents participate; they had planned for 100.
• FOCL had a book fair during the Family Read Week and earned $346.49 for free books.
• Gina reported that they will be hiring a new library aide.
• A new bench has been donated by Robert Newson for the children’s room.
• Grangeville Community Grant gave $1000 grant toward the summer reading program.
1. Update Trustee Manual/Library CollectionPolicies
a. No action taken
2. Strategic Planning
a. The vision and mission statements were discussed
b. No action taken
1. Motion to appoint Carmen Sangster to 5-year term ending 12/31/2025 was made by Susan. Brennan seconded. Motion passed.
2. Other libraries have eliminated fines. GCL is the only library continuing to have fines within the VALNet system. If a book from GCL goes out to another library and is returned late, a fee should be charged against that patron. The other libraries only send money if it is a missing item, paying for the replacement. They do not send money for fines. No action taken.
The meeting was adjourned at 6:13 PM. The next meeting will be January 21, 2021 at 5PM.