Training meeting Monday October 14, 2019
Bob called the meeting to order at 19:00
· Minutes read
· Sadie ask if there was a need for a CPR class? She said that she is certified to teach the class. After discussion Bob said it probably will happen. but let’s wait until February.
· Bob said that the pump will be in the well on the 15th and that after testing the pump and taking samples the pump will be in service around November 1st.
· Bob reminded firemen of the upcoming election on November 11th. This is our bi-annual election of officers. The election is for 1st and 2nd Asst. Chief, President, Treasurer, and Secretary. The Chief is not voted on. John S announced that because of changes in his life he will not be running for Asst. Chief.
· Firemen were dismissed to Columbia Grain for a walk through. We were met by Brandon Rehder. Firemen were led through several elevators and the seed plant on the east side of Primeland. During walk through firemen discussed best practices for each structure, hydrant location and engine/truck placement.
· Firemen returned to the station at 2040.
· Firemen discussed what we would do if structures caught on fire at Columbia and the consensus was if we could get on location early we might be able to put the fire out, but if the fire had a head start the best we could do is prevent the fire from spreading to other buildings and surrounding grass. Bob recommended that all firemen drive around Columbia and Primeland properties in the daylight to evaluate the situation in case of a fire.
· Meeting adjourned at 20:55.
Minutes taken by Kerry McCulley
Approved by Fire Chief Bob Mager _________________________________
Bob Mager 541, John Sangster 542, Tommy Jacobs 543, Brian Perry 545.