Training meeting Monday October 25, 2021
- Meeting called to order at 1800
- Bob ask Andrew to give an update on fire safety at the schools. Andrew said five firemen volunteered their time to teach the fire safety classes to over 300 kids, from preschool to 3rd
- Bob reminded everyone that November 8th is our business meeting. Asst. Chief 1, Asst. Chief 2, President, Treasurer, and Secretary are the only ones that are elected positions. Bob reminded everyone that this is an important meeting and everyone should attend. After business meeting on the 8th firemen will decorate the Santa Truck.
- Trunk and Treat is October 31st from 3:00-5:00 behind the Courthouse.
- Andrew drew the new house at 602 South 7th Bob then drew location of hydrants close near the house. Bob made some suggestions about how to fight the fire and protect nearby homes. After discussion firemen drove to the house for a walk through and get a better idea on how to attack a possible structure fire in that area.
- Primary attack will come from South 9th Hydrant is accessible and house is right in front of the firemen, Scott Street would be second attack hydrant with hose lay and possible ground attack with siamese for better coverage, third location would be Andrew’s driveway with engine and deluge gun.
- Remember that main concern besides fighting fire of the house is to protect existing adjacent structures.
Meeting adjourned at 2000
Minutes taken by Kerry McCulley
Approved by Fire Chief Bob Mager
Bob Mager 541, Brian Perry 542, Jared Andrews 543