Training meeting Monday October 08, 2018
Meeting called to order at 19:00
- Bob dismissed firemen to the Waste Water Treatment Facility to work on air mask training. While veteran firemen were practicing air mask training other veteran firemen introduced the rookie firemen to the trucks/engines. Making sure they could find tools, air masks, generators and saws, etc. During air mask training Bob called MAY DAY explaining to firemen that we had a firemen down and we needed to expand search.
- Firemen returned to station and business meeting started at 20:15
- Bob stated that the MAY DAY signal (3 blasts from fire engine) was not loud enough and the department will purchase an air horn. Pay attention to your surroundings and don’t push yourself past your comfort level
- Every fire is different
- Talking to all and especially the rookies; get comfortable with what you are good at find out if you are an inside guy or an inside guy. Doesn’t matter what you decide, every job and person is important.
- Most importantly, if you feel uncomfortable in a situation don’t feel like you have to do it. Talk to veterans and the chief and explain your situation and feelings.
- John S said everyone did a great/safe job ate the car fire.
Meeting adjourned 20:45
Approved by Fire Chief Bob Mager _________________________________