Training meeting Monday September 27, 2021
Meeting called to order at 1800
- Jared now runs Active 911. Adding, deleting, and can send reminders. The pagers and Active 911 will run together side by side.
- Fire Prevention Week – Andrew ordered two years’ worth of materials and supplies. Contacted by 1st grade teachers for an outdoor lesson. We will do a big event at the school, Head Start, Noah’s Ark, and others.
- Trunk or Treat 3-5pm on the 31st is a go.
- Radios should run on Pilot Knob. Switch to that as soon as possible on scene in order to communicate.
- Rural 2 was filled with foam after being used for the dumpster fire last night.
- Any fire that uses any water, even 5 gallons make sure to top them off.
- Burn permit season through Oct. 20 Stay alert for grass fires. They can print off burn permits right online at IDL.
- Patio burners, etc. are now allowed in city limits.
- Trucks will be gone through for fluids, small engine gases, gear. Run all engines, fans, saws. Take all trucks out and drive, and check all fuels.
Meeting adjourned 19:35
Minutes taken by Beth Boehmke