Training meeting Monday June 22, 2020
- Bob called the meeting to order at 18:00
- Bob reminded everyone that we will have another meeting on the 30th. Kim from SEA Western will be here to update the department on the improvement to the SCOTT SCBA Jared applied for in a grant
- He then asked for discussion on the Fish Pond. Andrew ask for discussion if having the Fish Pond was a good idea this year. Others mentioned their concern of having the fish pond this year. Bob ask how many of the department members would be around to help all three days at the fish pond during Border Days. Only six people raised their hand would be available to volunteer their time for all three days. Bob mentioned the protocol necessary for cleaning and social distancing we would have to implement to meet state and local protocol. Other discussion centered on our safety as firemen as well and setting an example to the public about our desire for their safety and well being. Kerry made a motion that in the best interest of the department and the community that we do not have the Fish Pond at Border Days 2020. Matt S 2nd. Andrew ask for any other discussion and then ask for a vote. All members present voted unanimously in favor of not having the Fish Pond at Border Days 2020.
- Bob opened discussion about the trucks in the parade this year. Bob recommend that if we are not doing the Fish Pond we should not be in the parade. Firemen came to a consensus that we would have Truck #4 and the Float in the July 4th parade only. Firemen will not be walking the parade route ask for donations this year to avoid physical contact.
- Bob made a motion that GFD use some of the money from the Firemen’s Ball to pay for storage of the Buffalo at Prairie Land and Timber. Dean 2nd , Andrew ask for discussion, with no discussion the department voted unanimously to pay storage for a year at Prairie Land and Timber for the Buffalo.
- Bob used the white board to explain when and how to use the tank filling system and when to fill tanks if necessary
- Bob ask all Firemen to take the trucks/engines to Public Works building and ask firemen to try on turnouts check air packs and make sure all gear and equipment is in order.
- Meeting adjourned at 1945
- Minutes taken by Kerry McCulley.
Approved by Fire Chief Bob Mager _________________________________
Bob Mager 541, Brian Perry 542, Jared Andrews 543.