Training meeting Monday April 10, 2023
- Meeting called to order 1800
- 15 members in attendance
- Minutes read and approved
- Truck and gear checks
- Focusing on number counts of air masks on all trucks
- Hands on equipment orientation with explanation of any equipment that needs more familiarization
- Future Bunker Orders
- 2020 and 2018 was the last orders prior to the current order
- 2004 and older will need to be put out of service next year
- Discussion was held on the proper procedure of future fireman and on boarding
- According to the Bylaws, the order of procedure is to be chief’s review of application, discussion with officers, and then brought to the floor
- 6 of the 8 IR cameras are in,
- Training included video on how to tips on using the cameras
- If you have an IR assigned to you, it is your responsibility to take care of it.
- Fire School had 3 participants
- Minute man hose lays has been tried before, if going to use in the future whole group needs to practice and now how to lay them out before using
- Engine 3 set up with a second Siamese with the 2 ½ – this is to make both engines as identical as possible
- Reminder to be careful with nozzles. The parts are getting harder to find, if you can even find the parts. Do not drop them on the ground.
- If you see something wrong or broken, say something.
- Chainsaw is in need of bar oil.
- Graydon attended an Evidence Based Tactics training that discussed IR usage with the “go vs no go tactics” and be sure to check temperatures, he is suggesting that this be discussed further to be brought into GFD SOPs
- Cody is the new flyer guy for fireworks post cards. They will need to be mailed out in the next couple of weeks.
Meeting adjourned 2010
- Minutes taken by Sadie Galloway
Approved by Fire Chief Brian Perry