Training meeting Monday February 22, 2021
- Bob called the meeting to order at 1800
- Bob explained that we would be going up to the City Works Building.
- The new SCOTT SCBA units that the department received through a city grant were in and we would be learning how to use them and putting them in the trucks/engines.
- We were met at the City Works Building by a representative from Sea Western. Bob handed out the 15 new SCBA to some firemen. The remainder of the firemen will be ground crew and support.
- The representative instructed the dept. on the features of the SCBA
- While the representative was instructing the firemen on the proper use of the packs a couple of the firemen of the ground crew took all the old packs and air tanks off the trucks/engines.
- Bob directed firemen to put their names on the masks and put the packs in the trucks/engines.
- After returning to the station the representative instructed a few firemen on how to fill the new tanks using the new cascade system.
- Next meeting on March 8th firemen will train with the new SCBA.
- Meeting adjourned at 2010
Bob Mager 541, Brian Perry 542, Jared Andrews 543.