Grangeville Centennial Library Board Meeting
Mayor’s Conference Room-215 W North St.
January 20, 2022- 5:00 p.m.
Meeting was called to order by Meleah McCulley at 5:00 PM. Those present: Brennan Wright, Meleah McCulley, Betty Nafziger, Bridget Arnzen, and Gina Sobrero. Absent: Carmen Sangster and Heidi Brown
Minutes: Betty moved, and Brennan seconded, to approve the minutes from the November 18, 2021 meeting. Motion passed.
Budget Report: Gina shared the report of expenditures for December 2021 and revenue through November 2021. The annual report for October 2020 – October 2021 is still in the auditing process.
Library Report: Gina shared library daily statistics for December 2021 and the beginning of January 2022. Other events:
• December’s How to Catch an Elf event was well attended. Over 50 participants participated in ornament making, other activities, cookies, giveaway, and story time.
• The Read to Me grant with GEMS will continue once a month until May. Each session includes a story time, and a related craft. Each of the 65 kindergarteners receive a paperback copy of the book along with a parent newsletter to encourage reading at home.
• Planning for summer reading has started. Currently working with theme: Oceans of Possibilities.
• Planning for an Earth Day event, end of April.
• Let’s Talk About It has started out well with Sandra Aiken leading the first discussion. There are two more book talks scheduled:
o 2/8: The Girl Who Fell from the Sky, Nancy Casey as scholar
o 3/8: Empire Falls, Carrie Seymour as scholar
• Storytime is back in full swing. Gina started with a Marble Maze event, connected with the current STEM Grant. Upcoming themes for 1/26 – 2/23 include: Winter clothing, Bears, Valentine’s Day, Families, and Oceans
1. Election of Board Officers. Recommended slate of officers for 2022 was presented: Brennan Wright, President; Betty Nafziger, Vice President; Meleah McCulley, Secretary. Bridget moved to approve these officers. Brennan seconded the motion. The motion was approved.
2. Strategic Planning: Meleah provided an overview of the Strategic Plan that the board has been creating since July 2019. The last two sections, the Long-Term Goals and the Evaluation Process, were discussed. We are tabling the Evaluation Process until the March board meeting. Brennan moved and Betty seconded the motion to approve the Long-Term Goals section. The motion passed.
No new business.
Meeting was adjourned by new president, Brennan Wright, at 6:03 PM.