Grangeville Centennial Library Board Meeting
Mayor’s Conference Room-215 W North St.
June 14, 2022- 5:04 P.M.
Meeting was called to order by Brennan Wright at 5:04 P.M. Those present: Brennan Wright, Carmen Sangster, Bridget Arnzen, Betty Nafziger (phone), Gina Sobrero, Heidi Brown, and city council representative Dylan Canady. Absent: Meleah McCulley.
Minutes: Carmen moved and Betty seconded to approve the board minutes from the
last meeting held on March 17, 2022. Motion passed.
Budget Report: Heidi explained The Annual Report for 2020-2021. She also explained the current budget through May 2022.
• Summer Reading is up at running. Theme: Oceans of Possibilities.
• Erica Schlader from Prairie Jr./ Sr. High School won the Idaho Teen Reading Challenge: a $50 gift certificate from Amazon.
• Smokey the Bear visited story time on 5/11 and the Seeds for Bees were handed out. Story time will be back in September.
• Chamber of Commerce asked the library to host Skeeter the Clown from the circus.
• Art in the Park has 20 vendors. Board signups went around.
• My First Books grant approved.
• STEAM educational trailer arrived in Grangeville. It will be shared between GEMS, Kids Klub, Lewis Clark Early Childhood Program, and the Library.
Old Business :
1. Discuss replacement for Meleah McCulley/Stacy Stone tabled until next meeting because of Meleah’s absence.
2. Discuss Trustee Manual: no action was taken at this time.
1. Discussed budget for 2022/2023: Heidi explained that the
budget is similar except for a proposed increase in salaries. Also, increase in Valnet and ISP costs. Possible carpet replacement this year.
Bridget moved to approve the 2022/2023 budget. Carmen seconded. Motion passed.
Meeting adjourned at 5:27 PM.