Grangeville City Council Agenda
October 16, 2023 – 6:00 P.M.
Read and/or approve minutes of the October 2nd ACTION ITEM
Final action cannot be taken on an item added to the agenda after the start of the meeting unless an emergency is declared that requires action at the meeting. The declaration and justification must be approved by motion of the Council.
Public Hearing #1: Public hearing on the proposed new 1% franchise fee with Avista
1. Tim McDonald, Ida-Lew – Update on Ida-Lew
1. Public Works Report – Bob
2. Water Tank Project Update
a. Authorize payment to T Bailey, Inc. for Pay Application #7 on the new tank in the amount of $71,725 pending Rural Development approval ACTION ITEM
3. Clearwater Well Update
a. Authorize payment to Holt Services, Inc. for Pay Application #2 in the amount of $536,782.72 pending Rural Development approval ACTION ITEM
4. Police Report for August and September – Joe
Bills: ACTION ITEM
1. Adopt an Ordinance establishing a 1% electric franchise fee with Avista ACTION ITEM
2. Request from Vicki Ash to have a stop sign at N C Street and Cunningham Street ACTION ITEM
3. Approval on the request to allow a handicap ramp at the City Gates Church, 121 W North 2nd Street in the front yard setback ACTION ITEM
4. Approve the Grangeville Water System Improvements EJCDC Contract Amendment #4 which moves $30,000 from the Tank RPR budget to the Tank CMS budget for a net $0 change in cost ACTION ITEM
5. Authorize the mayor to sign the Professional Services Contract with Walter M. Steed & Associates to write a new Community Development Block Grant Application and provide Project Administration for Well Construction ACTION ITEM
6. Discussion on one-way parking and resident only parking signs that are installed but not enforced by ordinance ACTION ITEM
7. Update on the nuisance property of Sue Ervin, 306 Hill Street and recommendation by staff to place review of the property on the November 6th agenda ACTION ITEM
Items to Note:
Any person needing special accommodations to participate in the above noticed meeting should contact the City of Grangeville at 983-2851.