Training meeting Monday January 27, 2020
Bob called the meeting to order at 19:00
- Free Press stopped by to take new photos for their get acquainted issue.
- Minutes read at 1912
- Bob stated after much consideration and discussion he is adding new officers to the department. He said looking at the past election, the number of people wanting to get involved, and with always looking out to the future of the department he wants to add some new officers.
- Tommy Jacobs will be 545.
- New Officers will be Ground Crew Officers.
- John Sangster will always be looked at as the resource we can count on. John will be our floater and someone we can count on to fill in at any time.
- Dan Modrell will be Fire Ground Captain.
- John Cline and Mike Tackett will be Fire Ground Lieutenants.
- Job description and duties of new officers will be describe and developed as needed in the future.
- The dept. is in the process of making a communication box for truck #1 and #4 to hold radios. That means truck #1 will need to roll on every incident.
- Jared discussed the upcoming Fireman Ball and Auction February 29th. Jared reminded everyone that the event will be held in Grangeville this year at the Elks. Jared is looking for help in setting up and tearing down.
- Jared and Bob discussed tentative upcoming training schedule: 02/10 walk through new Kids Klub, 02/24 and 03/09 Sadie will teach a CPR class, 03/23 walk through of Primeland.
- Remainder of the meeting was spent discussing best practice for fighting a fire of a resident whose home is the on east of Crook Street near the creek.
- Bob told firemen to drive trucks/engines and once firemen have returned to station they were dismissed.
- Meeting adjourned at 20:45
Minutes taken by Kerry McCulley
Approved by Fire Chief Bob Mager ________________________________
Bob Mager 541, Brian Perry 542, Jared Andrews 543.