Training meeting Monday January 13, 2020
- Brian called the meeting to order at 19:00
- John S made a motion to not read the minutes, motion was seconded and passed unanimously
- John U discussed the upcoming fireman Ball and Auction February 29th. John announced that the event will be held in Grangeville this year at the Elks.
- John S talked about an IDL grant that will provide some additional equipment for the rural truck and engines.
- Discussion on IFG fire. We were basically on standby while IFG put out the fire with our equipment. Be safe going in to IFG property, stage at security building and they will lead you in to the facility.
- Mike is working on getting our radios on the mill frequency.
- Brian ask individual firemen to write on the chalk/white board all essential items necessary to fight a specific type of fire; chimney, car, dumpster, attic, propane. After each fireman was finished writing, other firemen made suggestions of additional equipment that was necessary.
- Brian emphasized the importance of the ground crew. He stated that having the equipment handy can make a huge difference in the time it takes to extinguish the fire and also for overall safety for fire personnel. There was discussion on how to safely stage equipment. Purpose of this training was to make everyone aware of anticipating what a fireman might need from the ground crew.
- Most important: Life safety. Always wear PPE!
- Meeting adjourned at 20:40
Approved by Fire Chief Bob Mager ________________________________
Minutes taken by Kerry McCulley
Bob Mager 541, Brian Perry 542, Jared Andrews 543.