Training meeting Monday October 28, 2019
· Bob called the meeting to order at 19:00
· Minutes read
· Correction to minutes: Bob said the pump did not get installed. The company sent the wrong part. Installation will start 10/30/2019. After sampling of water and testing pump it should be up and running by Thanksgiving.
· Trunk or Treat will be Thursday the 31st. Need volunteers at the event and people to drive trucks/engines to Courthouse.
· Bob said that with the budget finalized he needs to know who needs new bunkers (Mager, Perry, Smith, Brown, Pilant, Tackett) also, Bob said we have bought a few new tools, 2 new pic poles with D handle and a 60 watt cordless sawzall.
· John C requested more money for Fire prevention educational material. Bob said to remind him in August.
· The old speakers were blown out on the Santa Truck last year. Bob recommend that we buy the speakers that Mike provided. Firemen voted unanimously to purchase the speakers from Mike for the Santa Truck.
· Pleasant Valley fire: Bob said at this point there is no definite cause. The Fire Marshall was very happy with the work that we did, he was impressed on how clean the scene was and how we kept the area clean. Bob stated that to shelter in place at the time was the best decision. He said there is liability of leaving the doors open and unattended. Jared suggested that if you are going room to room and an officer is available ask them to join you for liability concerns. In the future if there is a victim present remove them from the situation no matter what condition they are in. Concerns are for their safety and ours, and they are impeding our response time. Sadie introduced Mega Mover, a blanket with handles to evac a victim. EMS is donating three Mega Movers to the dept. Bob said he wants a combination class 1st Aid and CPR Sadie said she can teach both classes. Brian recommends that Bob talk to law enforcement so that they are aware of their parking. Jared mentioned that ICS Dispatcher Stephanie did an amazing job during the fire. She had EMS and Avista notified right away. All firemen were in agreement
· Sunday’s rural chimney fire: Firemen were reminded that radio reception is not good up against the mountain. All firemen did a great job; Dan stated that the roof crew did a very good job.
· Bob reminded firemen of the upcoming election on November 11th.
· Andrew gave a shout out to John S to thank him for his timed served as 542. All of the firemen seconded his comment and were in complete agreement.
· Jared said he has many items donated for our Holiday Raffle. Drawing will be the first meeting in December. Beth has reserved the Holiday Craft Fair at GEMS
· Kerry gave an update on school fire safety presentations. During October GFD visited 10 schools, instructed over 350 kids, and volunteered at least 50 hours of time. And five firemen spent three hours at the mill.
· Meeting adjourned at 20:35
Minutes taken by Kerry McCulley
Approved by Fire Chief Bob Mager _________________________________
Bob Mager 541, John Sangster 542, Tommy Jacobs 543, Brian Perry 545.